BENEFITS FOR THE REGION
The presence of a modern straw-fired power plant in the region with an exemplary capacity of approx. 50 MW constitutes a series of benefits for the commune and the region.
New work places
The implementation of the most modern straw-fired power plant in Poland means new jobs not only in the production of electricity, but also in transport, handling of external straw storage, and agricultural services:
- up to 300 jobs – employment of local subcontractors for the construction of the power plant,
- up to 35 work places – operation and ongoing service,
- 30-50 jobs – logistics related to the recetion of straw from regional warehouses,
- 60-100 jobs – straw supply chain (transport and logistics: drivers, mechanics, logistics operators, accountants),
- 50-80 seasonal jobs as part of the straw harvesting process, in rural areas within a 100 km radius around the investment site.
Support for local community
In the case ofeach of the planned investments, TergoPower will launch – at the moment of obtaining all permits and making the decision to start the investment – a platform for supporting the local community. It will be a dedicated fund to support activities addressed to various social environment groups: children, schoolchildren, and the elderly, such as childcare organization, activities for the elderly, sports competitions, and greenery arrangement in public places. Decisions on allocation of the financial means from the fund will be made jointly with representatives of the local community.
Development of the region
Location of a power plant in a given commune is a constant and stable source of revenues from local taxes. During the 25-year period of operation, the municipal coffers will additionally receive over PLN 50 million (for investment of 50 MW power), which can be allocated for development investments or improving the living comfort of residents.
In addition, other areas of local economy will develop, e.g.:
- handling of deliveries and warehousing (e.g. garages or service stations of the transport fleet),
- increase in sales of farm equipment and fertilizers,
- an impulse for new local agricultural investments,
- increase of the local construction services market – preparation of infrastructure for straw storage.
Heat supplies from a renewable energy source also create the opportunity to raise funds for the development and modernization of the heating network.
Development of the fuel supply market
The investment will constitute an additional stable source of income for farmers (agricultural producers) in a typical agricultural region. The investor intends to establish a partner business relationship with them creating stable, mutually beneficial conditions specified in agreements for development. There will be created conditions conducive to activating agricultural operation and starting energy crops on low quality soils, e.g. sorghum – a crop entirely suitable for use as fuel in the power plant.
Production of clean electrical power
A 50 MW power plant can produce electricity for some 160,000 households. In the case of implementation of a heating module, it will be able to provide clean, green heat for institutional and industrial municipal customers – it will be a reliable source, resistant to the increase of heat prices resulting from charges for carbon dioxide emissions.
The investment – usually located in areas designated for industrial development – will contribute to development of utilities around the investment (water and sewage system, electricity), what may help local governments in acquiring new companies and talks to potential global investors, for whom such energy source makes a prerequisite when deciding on the location of their businesses.